Sunday, November 24, 2013

Some November Happenings...

November has been quite busy.  I forget to take pictures of everything we do as I am still getting used to keeping up with a blog!  I will start with my door.  My door has been the same since the beginning of the year.  Thanks to the blog and instagram picture from learninginwonderland.com for the idea!  I did add brown student handprints to his body which turned out really cute (no picture, of course).

Here is my last minute/do this during inside recess turkey...

...and his cute feet.

I created a little Thanksgiving packet for sale on tpt here.  Within that packet is a 'Count the Room' activity.  This is the only picture I took of my students using the activities in the packet - I am still learning!

I think she is so cute with her clipboard!

Another activity I had for my afternoon class was creating their own Thanksgiving dinner plates from store grocery ads.  I picked up enough grocery store ads from a local store and the students cut out pictures of the food they would like to have on Thanksgiving day!  This was super simple and a huge hit with all the students!

The students were all over the classroom cutting and gluing their favorite foods.  Luckily no one chose any alcohol!

Here are my morning turkeys....
 
On Friday we had a Thanksgiving feast.  Students brought the food and we had parent volunteers decorate and get the room ready for us.  The K-5 class were the Indians and the K-4 class were the Pilgrims.

 I love this picture!!!!!

 
Well, that's it!  What a fun time.  I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!  We have very much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment