Friday, November 8, 2013

A Little Taste of our Apple Unit from October....

It has been a long time since my last blog post...keeping up with blogging will be harder than I thought!  Although we are in November I thought I would post a little of what we did in October.  Since we visited an apple orchard we learned a little about Johnny Appleseed.  We watched the old Disney cartoon first....
 
The students loved to sing Johnny's song!!!
 
Next, we made Johnny Appleseed hats which I downloaded for free here at Kindergarten Rocks' store on Teachers Pay Teachers. 
Hmmm...two very different thoughts happening here,

This pic turned out so cute.  I wanted a picture of his hat, but he would always turn to look at me when I would take the picture!
 
Next, the students worked on a Johnny Appleseed number puzzle which I downloaded free in a Johnny Appleseed unit from Royal Baloo here.  So much good stuff in that free unit!
 
 
 
We taste tested red, green and yellow apples. 
 

She's loving it.  Look at his sour apple face! I don't think he ever ate a green apple before. 
 
We also made apple sauce, sang apple songs, learned about the life cycle of an apple tree, plus much more!
 
 
 
A few pictures of our trip to the apple orchard.... 
 






 
Fun Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment